samedi 26 novembre 2011

Nano 2011 : 60k

Et on continue ! Bon, ça devient compliqué. Je ne sais pas où va cette histoire, mais elle y va. Il ne me reste que 3 jours pour boucler la chose, et je pense que je vais simplement bourriner un grand coup et je reviendrai dessus... plus tard.
Place à l'extrait !

Afterwards, we came back to his place and talked, and he taught me vampire politics and the names of all those of importance in his world, their relations and rivalries. I had a knack for it, for politics and that kind of stuff, and I had never known that before. It was nice to find myself a talent like that, and it was even nicer to be able to memorize the wealth of information I was being offered. Far from the first days and the sullen, rude way he had treated me, he seemed to appreciate the fact to pass on his knowledge, thus proving to me his explanation about the need for another vampire to do it was not just an empty argument. He really enjoyed it, and it seemed to scratch an itch, as he got more and more relaxed as the days passed.
Also, I was reacting well to my blood cure, and getting little improvements along the way. A feeling for human thoughts came first. Not so much a mind reading ability as a feel for a state of mind : anxious, happy, sad... you named it, I could feel it. It was not very useful, but still, anything I could get was good, especially after my frustrating beginnings as a vampire. Now I felt like a real undead person, with real cool abilities.

Luc told me also about stuff I could not really test for now: resistance to mind manipulation form other older vampires – I was immune to his own, as his child, so we could not check if it worked – that could come in handy. Stronger skin, more difficult to break for silver weapons. My very own brand of mental manipulation on vampires, courtesy of an old and powerful maker, as most vampires should wait for centuries before that particular one kicked in. Also, he would not really go into detail, but I had the impression of a potentially lethal ability that could manifest under stress or even duress. No way to make Luc speak out on this one, but I was wondering if that was not the key to his strange ascension, this unknown ability I may or may have not inherited through his blood.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire